Ethically-Sourced 100% Non-GMO Soy Wax
We use ethically-sourced non-GMO soy wax and coconut wax without any additives that is produced by American farmers. We use the highest quality of natural soy and coconut wax, which holds the best fragrance, allows for a longer and cleaner burn, and displays a smooth creamy appearance.
We only support suppliers whose sourcing and sustainability practices align with our values of being eco-friendly and have high work environment standards.
Fragrance Oils Infused with Essential Oils
Historically, the fragrance industry has never been transparent about safety. Lack of disclosure from fragrance manufacturers regarding ingredients and the possible health risks of those ingredients was the norm.
At Smell of Love Candles, our standards are rigorous. You may already be familiar with our exclusion of phthalates, but we also exclude materials with similar health concerns, including those on California's Prop 65 list. Materials known to be carcinogens in California aren't safe anywhere! There are five main hazard groups that we do not allow in our products:
- Carcinogens: These materials are known or thought to cause cancer.
- Mutagens: Materials that change the DNA of a cell, harming the cell and causing diseases like cancer.
- Reproductive toxins: Toxins that adversely affect reproductive organs and increase the risk of birth defects.
- Organ toxins: These are toxins that cause adverse effects or disease within specific bodily organs.
- Acute toxins: Toxins that can cause adverse effects from a single exposure. Generally, this would be accidental exposure like a spillage or ingestion.